Required process for Coaches, Volunteers, and Players born in 2006 or earlier:
1. Register with USA Hockey as a Coach or Volunteer at https://membership.usahockey.com/
2. Register with Mustangs as a Coach or Volunteer at https://www.nmmustangsgirlshockey.org/seasonregistration
3. Submit your information for USA Hockey Background Screening at NCSI. Background Screening is valid for two years. To check if your screening needs to be updated this year, please see the LOEAHA GOOD TO GO list.
4. Complete SafeSport training, which is required every year: https://www.usahockey.com/safesporttraining. If you have trouble with the SafeSport website, please try clearing your browser cache and completing a password recovery. The SafeSport training takes a while, but you don't have to do it all at once. You can stop part way through and resume later.
Additional training for Coaches:
1. Coaches must complete the appropriate age-specific training modules prior to participating with a team or being placed on a roster,
2. Coaches must complete their annual USA Hockey coaching clinic each year by December 31. Coaching clinics can be found at http://www.usahockey.com/coachingclinics along with dates, times, and locations. USA Hockey is requiring that coaches continue to advance annually in their coaching education, up until they reach Level 4. Most clinics are available online, and you can take a clinic offered by any district or affiliate from across the country.
Complete Proper Clinic Level before Dec. 31
Mustangs Association SafeSport Administrator