Required process for Coaches, Volunteers, and Players born in 2005 or earlier:
1. Register as a Coach or Volunteer with USA Hockey at https://membership.usahockey.com/
2. Submit your information for USA Hockey Background Screening at https://www.usahockey.com/backgroundscreen. Background Screening is valid for two years. To check if your screening needs to be updated this year, please see the LOEAHA GOOD TO GO list.
3. Register with Mustangs as a Coach or Volunteer: https://www.nmmustangsgirlshockey.org/seasonregistration
4. Complete SafeSport training, which is required every year: https://www.usahockey.com/safesporttraining. If you have trouble with the SafeSport website, please try clearing your browser cache.
Additional training for Coaches:
1. Coaches must complete the appropriate SafeSport age-specific training modules, found on the SafeSport training site linked above.
2. Coaches must complete their USA Hockey coaching training each year by December 31. Coaching clinics can be found at http://www.usahockey.com/coachingclinics along with dates, times, and locations. USA Hockey is requiring that coaches continue to advance annually in their coaching education, up until they reach Level 4.
Mustangs Association SafeSport Administrator